About Me

My photo
Sandi Underwood was born a PK (Preacher’s Kid) in the beautiful East Tennessee Mountains, where family stories were passed down, generation-to-generation. Her love of writing was cultivated at an early age when family get-togethers and Church dinners-on-the-grounds provided an idyllic backdrop for memories that fuel her stories. Sandi’s early career included working with children in both the public and private sectors. Later in life, her path took a different direction, but her love of books was ever-present. Today, she shares a home with her rescue dog, Gus, and draws inspiration from her grandchildren as she continues to write for both children and adults. Learn more at www.sandiunderwood.net and track her writing journey at www.sandiu.blogspot.com, follow her on Twitter @SandiGCY, and like her Facebook page at Sandi Underwood/gcywriter or email her at sandiu@comcast.net.

Monday, October 30, 2017


It's fall, y'all. October 30, 2017
Be careful what you wish for! I know this sounds like a great problem to have, but I have 2 publishers interested in my adult mystery novel…at the same time (or are they?) Cue the suspense music: DA-DA-DA-DUM…Here’s the skinny: First a publisher asked for major revisions--which I was happy to do. It took three weeks, but my manuscript is definitely in its best shape ever. I sent that version back and waited. And waited. Then, a second publisher offered a contract. What to do? I researched both publishers, asked a couple questions to authors with each, and heard back mostly favorable reviews on both. I’m still leaning toward the first publisher, but she hasn’t responded to my last two emails now. Then I emailed the second one with a couple of questions, but (you guessed it!) I haven’t heard back from that one, either. Granted, it’s only been three or four days, but when you’re antsy, three or four days is an eternity! That old adage “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush” might just apply here. Another one came to mind-“you snooze, you lose.” In the meantime, I have revisions I need to be concentrating on while trying to be a little more patient. What will be will be…

1 comment:

Nancy Kelly Allen said...

Congratulations! You have one of the nicest problems ever. Wishing you the BEST on your publishing journey.