About Me

My photo
Sandi Underwood was born a PK (Preacher’s Kid) in the beautiful East Tennessee Mountains, where family stories were passed down, generation-to-generation. Her love of writing was cultivated at an early age when family get-togethers and Church dinners-on-the-grounds provided an idyllic backdrop for memories that fuel her stories. Sandi’s early career included working with children in both the public and private sectors. Later in life, her path took a different direction, but her love of books was ever-present. Today, she shares a home with her rescue dog, Gus, and draws inspiration from her grandchildren as she continues to write for both children and adults. Learn more at www.sandiunderwood.net and track her writing journey at www.sandiu.blogspot.com, follow her on Twitter @SandiGCY, and like her Facebook page at Sandi Underwood/gcywriter or email her at sandiu@comcast.net.

Saturday, October 14, 2017


 October 14, 2017: This week’s blog is a little early, but I have to let the good news out or I will burst! Remember all those weeks of waiting? Well, this past week was the polar opposite. On Monday, I returned a revision of my Adult Mystery (BLOOD MONEY) to an Editor, and on Friday the 13th my Publisher revealed the cover for THE SECRET OF ONE BELMONT LANE--plus I received the Editor’s final revision. The book is due out by year’s end, so this will be my third Saturday in a row chained to my laptop, BUT I LOVE IT!  What did the two revisions have in common? NOTHING. Each Editor requested different styles - of course, one is Adult genre and the other is Pre-Teen. Two different editors=two different writing styles. In the final revision of my children’s book, my Editor graciously pointed out a couple of boo-boos I’d missed. Would they have been okay as they were? Maybe, but thankfully, I have the opportunity to correct them. The only regret? My family is cheering on THE VOLS without me. GBO…especially THE PRIDE OF THE SOUTHLAND BAND!

2 comments:

Nancy Kelly Allen said...

After years of hard work on the literary front, you're an overnight success. Celebration time! Congratulations!

Sandi said...

I like that! An overnight success...after years of hard work. I'll keep telling myself that! lol