About Me

My photo
Sandi Underwood was born a PK (Preacher’s Kid) in the beautiful East Tennessee Mountains, where family stories were passed down, generation-to-generation. Her love of writing was cultivated at an early age when family get-togethers and Church dinners-on-the-grounds provided an idyllic backdrop for memories that fuel her stories. Sandi’s early career included working with children in both the public and private sectors. Later in life, her path took a different direction, but her love of books was ever-present. Today, she shares a home with her rescue dog, Gus, and draws inspiration from her grandchildren as she continues to write for both children and adults. Learn more at www.sandiunderwood.net and track her writing journey at www.sandiu.blogspot.com, follow her on Twitter @SandiGCY, and like her Facebook page at Sandi Underwood/gcywriter or email her at sandiu@comcast.net.

Monday, July 17, 2017


July 17, 2017:
 
Limbo:  
Webster describes this time as an uncertain period of awaiting a decision or resolution; an intermediate state or condition.

All I know is if I don’t keep myself on track, this is the period I start thinking failure, give up, never gonna happen. My focus right now is revision and marketing. R&M. AS for revision, I’m currently reading through hard-copy of my next in the series of the BLOOD books, my YA/NA Romance Suspense. The first in the series was Blood Money. The current WIP is Blood Moon. It’s amazing how many edits I can find on a single page. Staring at a computer screen, the words can glaze over, and I will miss many; but reading hard-copy usually does the trick. And for marketing, I began the submission process when snail mail was the norm, and buying the current hard-copy book of marketing and publishing information was costly. To successfully identify three possible publishers, complete their requirements, and mail in a large envelope was a feat. Today, the internet has all but made that method of submitting a thing of the past. Current submission guidelines are just a click away. Most not only allow, but prefer, electronic submissions. I currently have 24 submissions out there - I think that’s a new record for me. Pat myself on the back time; now, back to revision.

1 comment:

Nancy Kelly Allen said...

No submissions, no contracts. You're definitely on the right track!