About Me

My photo
Sandi Underwood was born a PK (Preacher’s Kid) in the beautiful East Tennessee Mountains, where family stories were passed down, generation-to-generation. Her love of writing was cultivated at an early age when family get-togethers and Church dinners-on-the-grounds provided an idyllic backdrop for memories that fuel her stories. Sandi’s early career included working with children in both the public and private sectors. Later in life, her path took a different direction, but her love of books was ever-present. Today, she shares a home with her rescue dog, Gus, and draws inspiration from her grandchildren as she continues to write for both children and adults. Learn more at www.sandiunderwood.net and track her writing journey at www.sandiu.blogspot.com, follow her on Twitter @SandiGCY, and like her Facebook page at Sandi Underwood/gcywriter or email her at sandiu@comcast.net.

Monday, November 27, 2017

November 27, 2017, part 2: 

They’re here! The box with 50 copies of my first book arrived at 1:35pm on Monday, November 27th.  As I tore away the packaging, my first thought was what if they’re ugly? Where did that come from??? I had no way of knowing what my reaction would be, but I certainly didn’t expect that! I lovingly examined the front and back cover from crack to corner before opening the first page. I read the author’s bio, the acknowledgment and the dedication with tears in my eyes. From first word to finished product seemed like a lifetime, but holding the first copy shouted reality. I’m a published author! I quickly tore out of my office and across the hall, up and down the corridor shouting, “It’s here! It’s here!” Some of my coworkers even applauded. My second big news is that I have scheduled my first book signing! It doesn’t get any better than this! 

1 comment:

Nancy Kelly Allen said...

All the disappointment from the almost nabbed contracts to the outright rejections and everything in between fall far short of the jubilation of holding your first book, the tangible proof of your years-long literary efforts. Heart-thumping joy. Toe-tapping joy. Running-up-and-down-the-hallway-like-a-wild-woman joy. You've earned the right. Enjoy and celebrate.