About Me

My photo
Sandi Underwood was born a PK (Preacher’s Kid) in the beautiful East Tennessee Mountains, where family stories were passed down, generation-to-generation. Her love of writing was cultivated at an early age when family get-togethers and Church dinners-on-the-grounds provided an idyllic backdrop for memories that fuel her stories. Sandi’s early career included working with children in both the public and private sectors. Later in life, her path took a different direction, but her love of books was ever-present. Today, she shares a home with her rescue dog, Gus, and draws inspiration from her grandchildren as she continues to write for both children and adults. Learn more at www.sandiunderwood.net and track her writing journey at www.sandiu.blogspot.com, follow her on Twitter @SandiGCY, and like her Facebook page at Sandi Underwood/gcywriter or email her at sandiu@comcast.net.

Monday, August 21, 2017



Eclipse Day 2017:

This is the day of two dawns. Total Eclipse is a phenomenon not seen in most areas for 99 years, (per the Weather Channel this morning). I’ve read articles saying even animals will behave differently. Humans will stall traffic on the interstate; and four weeks ago, little old Sweetwater, TN-our local Epi Center, was calling for a shortage of milk and bread. Now that’s something with which we here in TN can identify. Let the forecast call for an inch of snow, and we flock to the store for our bread and milk.

Me? I’m hoping my abnormal paranormal occurrence is to get a book contract. However, last night, I had another rejection. I allowed myself fifteen-minutes to wallow in self-pity, then I vowed to try again; but first, I will have a re-look at the manuscript. I’m sure there’s room for improvement. After all, winners don’t quit and quitters don’t win.

1 comment:

Nancy Kelly Allen said...

No milk. No bread. No contract. What we need is more sunshine and not allow our dreams to be eclipsed.

I'm following your mantra: Never quit!