About Me

My photo
Sandi Underwood was born a PK (Preacher’s Kid) in the beautiful East Tennessee Mountains, where family stories were passed down, generation-to-generation. Her love of writing was cultivated at an early age when family get-togethers and Church dinners-on-the-grounds provided an idyllic backdrop for memories that fuel her stories. Sandi’s early career included working with children in both the public and private sectors. Later in life, her path took a different direction, but her love of books was ever-present. Today, she shares a home with her rescue dog, Gus, and draws inspiration from her grandchildren as she continues to write for both children and adults. Learn more at www.sandiunderwood.net and track her writing journey at www.sandiu.blogspot.com, follow her on Twitter @SandiGCY, and like her Facebook page at Sandi Underwood/gcywriter or email her at sandiu@comcast.net.

Monday, April 3, 2017

Hello April (month, not the Giraffe)

Well, the first revision is done and the ball is back in their court (a little Final Four humor). Now what? I guess I wait. But what a whirlwind week I had. Work was crazy, but every night, I spent revising my manuscript. I’d wake up in the middle of the night and think of a new twist or struggle with a weak spot.  Now all I can do is wonder: Did I make every edit the editor requested? Was I able to provide the background he wanted? If not, do I get another chance to polish the story? Will there be more editors with even more revision? Since I’m a newbie at this, I really don’t know the next step and waiting is not my strong point. And so I wait…
I think back on this time a year ago and I wasn’t even submitting. Heck, I wasn’t even writing. If I’d stayed vigilant, would I be farther along? Probably. Would I be more successful? Maybe. Who knows? Two things I do know for sure:
1).          my success/failure is a direct result of my actions - if I don’t try, I’ll never succeed, and

2).          the first step is BIC 

1 comment:

Nancy Kelly Allen said...

Wise words for every writer.