About Me

My photo
Sandi Underwood was born a PK (Preacher’s Kid) in the beautiful East Tennessee Mountains, where family stories were passed down, generation-to-generation. Her love of writing was cultivated at an early age when family get-togethers and Church dinners-on-the-grounds provided an idyllic backdrop for memories that fuel her stories. Sandi’s early career included working with children in both the public and private sectors. Later in life, her path took a different direction, but her love of books was ever-present. Today, she shares a home with her rescue dog, Gus, and draws inspiration from her grandchildren as she continues to write for both children and adults. Learn more at www.sandiunderwood.net and track her writing journey at www.sandiu.blogspot.com, follow her on Twitter @SandiGCY, and like her Facebook page at Sandi Underwood/gcywriter or email her at sandiu@comcast.net.

Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017:  Image result for pictures of paint drying
While waiting to hear back from my editor, I’ve discovered all kinds of things to keep me occupied. One of my favorites is watching paint dry-this took up a lot of time Saturday as I refreshed the door frame in the kitchen. Okay, surely there’s a more productive way to spend my time while I wait. Oh, I know! Start a sequel to SECRET…and that’s what I did. The working title of the next chapter in the life of Erin and Elwood is THE SECRET AT SUGAR AND STEAM-a mystery set in the town’s new coffee shop. In order to do research, I must visit lots of coffee shops and drink many caramel, cinnamony frothy cups of steaming coffee to make sure I can set the mood.

But one productive thing I did was to get my website up and running. You can find me at www.sandiunderwood.net. It’s definitely a work-in-progress. My editor suggested while I’m waiting, I work on my bio, dedication and acknowledgement, and the blurb on the back cover of the book. Yesterday, Easter Sunday was beautiful in East Tennessee and Gus and I enjoyed the afternoon sunshine while I worked on my bio. What I want people to know about me includes my experience working with children, my devotion to my grandchildren, and the fact I was born a PK-Preacher’s kid.  I’ll post the current version next week, but now I’m off to do more research at the coffee shop. 

1 comment:

Nancy Kelly Allen said...

You go, girl! Writing a sequel is the perfect way to wait on the publication of your book. You have 2018 covered, so now is the perfect time to set a goal for a 2019 or 2020 release date for the page turner.

Congratulations on getting a website. I checked it out. Looks great.