About Me

My photo
Sandi Underwood was born a PK (Preacher’s Kid) in the beautiful East Tennessee Mountains, where family stories were passed down, generation-to-generation. Her love of writing was cultivated at an early age when family get-togethers and Church dinners-on-the-grounds provided an idyllic backdrop for memories that fuel her stories. Sandi’s early career included working with children in both the public and private sectors. Later in life, her path took a different direction, but her love of books was ever-present. Today, she shares a home with her rescue dog, Gus, and draws inspiration from her grandchildren as she continues to write for both children and adults. Learn more at www.sandiunderwood.net and track her writing journey at www.sandiu.blogspot.com, follow her on Twitter @SandiGCY, and like her Facebook page at Sandi Underwood/gcywriter or email her at sandiu@comcast.net.

Monday, January 14, 2019



January 14, 2019: Week two of hearing great reviews from Blood Money, and while I’m enjoying the praise, I’m also feeling the pressure of finishing book number two in the series. Will it deliver? Will people come away feeling book two wasn’t as good as the first? Which came first, the chicken or the egg? But then, I digress…sometimes just to stop fretting over the fact I spent almost the entire weekend NOT writing. So much depends on whether or not Alex and whoever move forward with their lives (and no, I’m NOT answering any of your questions!) while leaving my readers feeling pumped and wanting more. The pressure is real, folks; but I need to take my own advice: BIC and Write The @#$% Book! Here are some hints I hope helps me do just that. The rule of threes: Set aside some specific time each day/week. Be committed to work on a specific number of pages each session. Get the story on paper, revise later. With that in mind, “I hope To Be Half-finished By Friday.” That could be the title of a hit song. Hmmm…maybe I’ll add song writing to my repertoire. (I told you I digress…)

1 comment:

Nancy Kelly Allen said...

You've nailed this "writing habit" thing. Persistence. Not always fun, but always productive. Look what's happening with your writing career, and that's not by chance. Just plain hard work. Congratulations!