About Me

My photo
Sandi Underwood was born a PK (Preacher’s Kid) in the beautiful East Tennessee Mountains, where family stories were passed down, generation-to-generation. Her love of writing was cultivated at an early age when family get-togethers and Church dinners-on-the-grounds provided an idyllic backdrop for memories that fuel her stories. Sandi’s early career included working with children in both the public and private sectors. Later in life, her path took a different direction, but her love of books was ever-present. Today, she shares a home with her rescue dog, Gus, and draws inspiration from her grandchildren as she continues to write for both children and adults. Learn more at www.sandiunderwood.net and track her writing journey at www.sandiu.blogspot.com, follow her on Twitter @SandiGCY, and like her Facebook page at Sandi Underwood/gcywriter or email her at sandiu@comcast.net.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 14 - The End or The Beginning-depends on how you look at it:



I’ve finally come to the end of the MOUNTAIN LAUREL rewrite. I’ve proofed until I’m blue in the face (now where did that saying come from? I’ll have to ask “Mama.” If you read the story, you’ll understand.)

Every word, every sensory notation, every visual scene has been a labor of love. But it’s time to put it to bed, once and for all. I’m not saying I don’t have another rewrite in me. I’m just saying, my creative juices need freed to roam elsewhere.

At any rate, it has been sent to the editor. Now, we wait.

1 comment:

Nancy Kelly Allen said...

I'm anxiously awaiting the editor's comments, too, Sandi. Here's to good luck and positive feedback.